D&D 3.0: Tales from Mystara
Ierendi Underwater Kingdoms Timeline
Ierendi Underwater Kingdoms Timeline
Partial Timeline of the Underwater Tribes:
- 1800BC – Estimated time of the Aleea Merfolks arriving to Ierendi. They settled in three areas, Aleea Reefs, Takala Reefs and Buccaneers Reefs. In their times from here to 80BC they made alliance with surface dwellers, do battle against them, trick them, serve as guides and slave them. The relationship between the Makai (and other surface dwellers) with the merfolk is one of both love and hate depending on the island and what the surface dweller remembers.
- 1000BC – Estimated time of the Takala Tritons arriving to Ierendi. They were nomads moving around the Ierendi Archipelago.
- 500BC – The peaceful Tortle Nomads started stopping in Ierendi Archipelago for 50 years on hunting parties each 200 years.
- 200BC – Groups of Sahuagin started arriving to Ierendi and attacking everything they can kill and eat.
- 88BC – The Ocean Giant Ucacias arrives or awakes. He starts to have conflicts with all races present on the surface and underwater tribes. Aleea Merfolks of Takala Reefs and Buccaneers Reefs are killed by Ucacias, Sahuagin and Merrow Ogres attacks and almost made extinct.
- 71BC – Ucacias The Ocean Giant is killed by the combined forces of Aleea Merfolks and Takala Tritons, his body falls into Royster Trench. Makai of nearby village help the underwater tribes. The Tritons claim Takala Reefs as their home. Aleea Merfolk help the tritons to create the Horn of the Tritons.
- 31AC – Sahuagin try to kill or slave all Aleea Merfolks and Takala Tritons, they are decimated by battles with both fronts and have to retreat to the coasts of Safari Island. Sahuagin never forget they use to live in Takala Bay and almost every year there are war parties sent back to attack both tribes. Specially in and around Takala Bay.
- 178AC – The Sahuagin had a major set of battles against the Aleea Merfolks. They are repelled by the Merfolks using local animals as help.
- 231AC – Merrow Ogres have multiplying without control and are hunting all creatures, including Tritons, Merfolk and Nixies . All the underwater races attack the Merrow until they are extinct. Not much merrow are present on the seas of Ierendi and those are not loners, without tribe.
- 267AC – The Sahuagin had a major set of battles against the Aleea Merfolks. They are repelled by the Merfolks using local animals as help.
- 607AC – Battle of Aleea Bay were many ships of both the Ierendi revolution and the Thyatian Empire sunk.
- 62AC – The Sahuagin had a major set of battles against the Takala Tritons. The Tritons repel them.
- 641AC – King Mattrongle (AKA Black Toes) makes a mutual protection alliance with the Aleea Merfolk to help protect the Ierendi Archipelago from invaders. They serve as scouts, spies and soldiers.
- 669AC – The Sahuagin had a major set of battles against the Aleea Merfolks. They are repelled by the Merfolks using the Ierendi Royal Navy to help. Aleea Merfolks sell some coral to Ierendi for the Ierendi Castle and give the rest as a gift.
- 786AC – Mount Kikapua’s erruption destroyed the city of Port Siers. Volcanic ash and lava fall into Port Siers Bay.
- 862AC – Aleea Merfolks and Takala Tritons go to war over hunting rights on the Red Coral Forest.
- 916AC – The Sahuagin had a major set of battles against the Aleea Merfolks. They are repelled by the Merfolks using local animals as help.
- 1030AC – Present time.
- 1032AC – The Band of the Wolf stop the plans of Captain Ursula who has temporary allied herself with Captain Redbeard to provoke a war between the Aleea Merfolks and Takala Tritons when she stole the Horn of the Tritons. They gain a dangerous enemy that day.