D&D 3.0: Tales from Mystara
Church Inquisitor of Athena
Brother Seanius Cornelius
Church Inquisitor of the Church of Thyatis
Male Thyatian Human 65yo Cleric:3 / Church Inquisitor: 9 Lawful
Str: 9 Dex: 10 Con: 10 Int: 18 Wis: 18 Cha: 16
Spells per day: 6/6/5/5/4/3/2
Cleric Domains: Knowledge, Healing, Inquisition
Knowledge Domain Spells:
1. Detect Secret Doors Reveals hidden doors within 60 ft.
2. Detect Thoughts llows "listening to surface thoughts.
3. Clairaudience/Clairvoyance Hear or see at a distance for 1 min./level.
4. Divination Provides useful advice on to specific proposed actions.
5. True Seeing See all things as they really are.
Inquisition Domain Spells:
1. Detect Chaos: Reveals chaotic creatures, spells, or objects.
2. Zone of Truth: Subjects within range cannot lie.
3. Detect Thoughts: Allows “listening” to surface thoughts.
4. Discern Lies: Reveals deliberate falsehoods.
5. True Seeing: Lets you see all things as they really are.
Church Inquisitor Class Features: Detect evil, Inquisition domain, Immune to charms, Pierce Illusion, Pierce disguise, Immune to compulsions, Force shapechange, Immunity to possession, Discern lies
Scarab of Protection, Amulet of Proof against Detection and Location, Candle of Truth.
Holy Symbol, Tome of Knowledge (Law), Monk Robes, + 3 Light Mace + Law, Backpack.
William Finasis(!), a young cleric retainer carrying additional tomes and equipment.
“…learning does not consist only of knowing what we must or can do, but also of knowing what we could do and perhaps should not do.”
“…sometimes it is right to doubt.”
Brother Seanius Cornelius, Church Inquisitor of Church of Thyatis, is considered a detective more than a cleric and as the result of his investigations, even high level patriarch have been condemned. Brother Seanius presided at some trials in the Thyatian Empire, where he distinguished himself by his perspicacity along with great humility. In numerous cases he decided the accused was innocent. In his youth, Brother Seanius was capture by orcs who imprisoned and tortured him, his torture and the death of the accused remain fresh in his mind.
Brother Seanius is normally sent to investigate accusations against members of the Church of Thyatis to investigate people accused by the Church of Thyatis or to investigate claims of miracles or divine intervention.
He likes to quote the dictum that “one should always accept as most likely the simplest explanation that accounts for all the facts” and another dictum that “when one has eliminated the impossible, whatever remains – however improbable – must be the truth”.