Trinkets and Prowess
XP = 601
Researching in ancient tomes, searching for lost maps, re-trying failing attempts, The Band of the Wolf have the following results of their lengthy investigation:
- The Keys – The Keys are made for a special kind of lock, a magical door. The key can open more than one door in the same dungeon. The doors will detect the magic of the key and know is not a fake. Each key by itself is worth 50gps for the materials used in it. The broken R-Key has was repaired but has 50% of failure. The Z-Key is in working condition.
- Green Crystal Ring – This ring was made of arcane materials and is magical in nature, but the real power of the ring is that is coded to a specific area or to the magical traps or guardians of that area and the wearer can pass through the area without activating them. The ring could be valued as 200gps.
- Little Red Box – Is made of Red Griffin skin. Worth 130gps. It was crafted to hold two rings (the same size as the Green Crystal Ring). The wood is from a kind of tree found on north of The Black Woods. The metal borders are shaped in the form of temple columns.
- Nut Shell – The nut shell has some tiny inscriptions in goblin. It is glued up with a resin used by goblins. The smell is that of dried saliva and wolfsbane. Inside, there are more inscriptions in goblin, a piece of wolfsbane and werewolf teeth. Is a goblin amulet against werewolves. The werewolf teeth are worth 40gps.
- Potion – This is a powerful version of the “Modify Memory Spell”:http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/modifyMemory.htm that is tailor made with the following specifications: The potion will make the person who drinks it to forget everything related to the location of the Caverns of Quasqueton and any item that they built for the place. Will Save (DC: 22) Caster Level 17 x Spell Level 9 × 50gps = 7650gps.
Following the riddle found on the old Torpeson’s Logs by Raizak Derek the Band tried to trick Colvis Nilenavi out of his hut and search the place for the unfinished map made by his ancestor with no avail. He saw through the deceit and was mad to the whole group for trying even wounding Maiavel and telling them that he will call his fellow hunters to fight them if needed. The group had to return in disguise using a Change Self spell to buy his family taxidermy collection for 200gp (triple the actual cost) and they found the unfinished map on the inside of a Dire Wolf trophy.
In their first day of travelling The Black Woods, a Dire Wolf attacked the group and wounded one of them. The Dire Wolf was killed.
1 Week of time in the city of Threshold
1 Day travelling the Duke’s Road.
1/2 Day travelling the Black Woods.
No wealth was won on this adventure as the characters are no longer on the Baron’s wage and the Dire Wolf killed had no treasure.
Expenses (1 week): 3gps 5sp
Buying the Trail Rations (x7)
Other expenses were recorded during the adventure.
Daero of Alfmyr
Raizak Derek *
Maiavel of Alfmir
Nathaniel J. Flint
( * This PC gained 200xp extra for his involvement in discovering the hidden map. )
The trip to the Caverns of Quasqueton will be:
Speed of 20ft = 16miles per day
Speed of 30ft = 24miles per day
1 Day of travelling on the Duke’s Road (x1 speed)
2 Days of travelling on The Black Woods (x1/2 speed)
1 Day of travelling on the mountains (x1/2 speed)
The group already travelled 1 and 1/2 days.